Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cricut Cartridge Chaos Challenge

Okay so I got a little ambitious after my last post (it took me two days to compose it!). I got off the computer and after a bit of blog hopping decided to try a challenge over at Paula's Blog (morethanfavors.blogspot.com). This card is for the Cricut Cartridge choas challenge. Try saying that ten times fast! The challenge was to make something fun using the mini monsters cartridge. I decided to do none other than a halloween card. Which brings me to another goal. To try to use cartridges that have a distinct theme, ie mini monsters - halloween for a different theme. I saw Paula made a scrapbook layout with a valentines theme that was really cute!! So I'm going to try and do a little more of the branching out with my cartridges. Anyways, my card turned out really cute. I was happy with it anyways, and my husband said it's cute (well he didn't say "cute" per say, but he said it was neat).


Recipe: Mini Monsters Cartridge, Recollections Solid Cardstock, DCWV Glitter Cardstock, Inkadinkadoo Halloween Stamps, Stazon Black Pigment Ink, Tsukineko Clear Embossing Powder, Lime Green Prima Flowers, Bazzill Flower Pots white, Black Ribbon, miscallaneous halloween brad, Cuttlebug Spiderweb Embossing envelope. (I'm new to the whole writing down the "recipe" for what I did, so Please let me know if I forgot anything!!)


It was really fun to make, but not too complicated, obviously and didn't take all evening! But like I said, I need to start branching out and really making the most of my cartridges. Thank you Paula for the inspiration for yet another goal!! Looking forward to my next challenge!


Brenna
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment