Sunday, January 23, 2011

Getting Inspired!!

So I decided to work on a project that was mainly inspired by Scrappin Roots Blog Hop, which was hosted by Erin.  The theme in that blog hop was to go back to the "roots" of paper crafting which for most people that started at scrapbooking.  Which it for sure did for me!  So I was happy to get back into a layout design!  There were three or four other sources of inspiration that I saw throughout my blog hopping today!  I was also inspired by Jess at Kinderstampo.com with her birthday themed blog hop.  I was inspired by my follower Linda who inspired me to "Get Punchy", I saw her post about a challenge at another blog (stamp, scrap and doodle) that she is involved in and it was challenging you to "Get punchy". And last, but most definately not least I was inspired to create a project that I could enter into the Cooking With Cricut Challenge.  Chellenge #13 was to use three flowers in your project.  They preferred cricut flowers, but I liked the prima flowers better on the page, just to add a bit more dimension to my page. 
So after all that inspiration I was ready to get started!! I really wanted to make a scrapbook layout with cupcakes as I just bought an EK success border cupcake punch, and I have been soo excited to use it!! And also, since I started blogging I've been doing a lot more cards because they are fun, easy to share the joy, and there is more of an instant gratification becuase they are faster to make. This layout took me probably about two hours to complete.  That is from start of colour and paper selection to putting the last finishing touch on. The paper selection is usually the hardest part for me but in this case I already had a paper picked out before I began this. I just based my accompanying colours to go around this. I am really happy with the way it turned out and I will be putting pics of my daughter at her first birthday party on the pink and blue mats (she isn't one yet, so I'm sure I'll have some really cute pictures to go on them).



 
Recipe: Holly Mccaig Sweet cakes collection paper, Recollections orange and pink cardstock, DCWV Glitter Cardstock, Prima orange and pink flowers, recollections valentines brads, EK Success cupcake border punch, recollections flower border punch, g studio "100% Sweet" stamp, black tsukineko ink, inkadinkadoo flourish stamps, turqouise ranger embossing powder, blue and green ribbon, Create a Critter Cartridge, Birthday Stamps (brand unkown as I don't have packaging anymore), Cutting up Cartridge for saying, pop dots to make candles stand out on cupcake, stickles for eyes and mouth of beach ball.

So there you have it, the first layout that I have posted on my blog for you to see!! I definately can wait to put pictures in this one. Time seems to have gone so fast, when I look at my daughter I think how could a year have gone by already!! AHH!!!! One year is going to be harder for me then for her that's for sure!! ha ha ha...Happy Scrappin'

Brenna

Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

  1. Such a cute birthday layout! Love the colors. Thanks for joining us over at Cooking with Cricut this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so bright and pretty your LO.
    Thanks for playing with us this week at Cooking with Cricut. Good luck with our challenge !

    Have a great Monday ;-)
    http://www.mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout. Love the colors, so bright!! Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with the Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice layout TFS
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout. That seal is just so precious =)

    Hugs from Lilli =)
    l.a.nikolaisen at gmail dot com
    www.crazycardmaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really pretty layout! You did a wonderful job! I'm trying to do more scrapbooking too, but you are right cards are just much faster! LOL

    www.purplescrapbooker.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute Birthday LO. Your blog has some great projects on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute LO, Brenna! I love the seal and the cupcake border. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Cooking With Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet LO:) You did a fantastic job!!! Love the details and colors!! TFS and thanks for joining us at Cooking With Cricut this week.
    ~Madison CWCDT www.funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet layout you created! I love that cupcake border punch. Thanks for joiining us at cooking with cricut :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute layout! Thanks for playing with us at Cooking with Cricut this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this scrap layout and all your others! Thanks for sharing it at my link-up party!!! :)
    Jalisa
    PatchesOfPink.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful page. I love the boarder punch. Thanks for joining us at SSDS.
    Linda
    http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete