Friday, January 21, 2011

Jitterbuggin and Paper Playtime Challenges

Okay, so I have a certified obsession with scrapbooking, "creeping" on other's blogs and blog hopping and now blogging myself!! ha ha ha...my husband says after only two days of doing thsi that I am going to run out of supplies...I doubt it. The more I look ato ther people blogs the longer my "wish list" gets. There is always something new and great on the market for everything,and not only new and great items there is always the old favorites!! Speaking of which, something I saw on someone's blog was the ATG!! I ordered one online and am currently waiting (patiently...sort of) for one to arrive. Even tonight as I glued the front of my card onto the card base I was annoyed. It is a tough balance between not enough glue and too much when you use a full embossing sheet for your card. Anyways, this is my favorite card that I have made so far. One thing new that I learned for this, which I had to lookup on You tube was how to tie a bow. The requirements for the Jitterbuggin' Challenge was to use Brown and creams and white with only one other accent colour (I obviously chose orange), but you also had to have a bow somwhere on your craft. I learned how to tie a bow via youtube. And that on the card is the first bow that I have ever tied, I usually just stick to knots in my ribbon, but it turned out great.

Recipe: Recollections brown cardstock and shimmer orange cardstock, I also used a cream cardstock for the card base, miscallaneous ribbon I bought online ages ago (dont' remember brand), recollections brads, Give a Hoot Cartridge, Fiskars LoLasting Love Quotes stamps, Versamark, Tsukineko gold embossing powder, and brown versamagic for aging the edges, corner rounding punch, scripture cuttlebug embossing folder, I also attempted to get an orange shimmer by chalking the scripture, it is hard to tell, but I really just got a watermark and a general shimmer all over. Oh well, it didn't make it worse anyways.
This was a really fun card and it was fun to finally see it finished. This card also qualifies for Paper Playtime's challenge also. The only requirement for Paper Playtime's Challenge was to use the word "Love" on your paper craft. Okay, this time i probably am not going to bed, but I am not crafting anymroe tonight, only ideas for the weekend!! ha ha ha...Good Night!
Oh yeah, and just a post note on my previous My Pink Stamper Blog Hop Challenge, remember how I only had an hour to get it online and linked...well it apparently takes me longer than that to get my stuff online!!  So I didn't make the cutoff for My Pink Stamper's Blog Hop....:(  Oh well, it was a last minute entry anyways I guess.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card! I think it's "love"ly. The embossing looks wonderful and I love how you tied the ribbon, it looks great! You will love your ATG gun when it arrives, I adore mine, and am thinking about getting a pink one too! Thanks for playing with us this week at Paper Playtime :) Hope to see you again soon!

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is beautiful - love earth tones. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card....so many wonderful details. And you did a fab job on your bow!

    Thanks for Jitterbuggin'!

    ReplyDelete