Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thank You Card

hello all!!
sorry it's been a while since I last posted here!! I have been crafting and taking pictures, just haven't really had a chance to get it posted online!!! So....without further ado...if you've been following for a while, you'll know that I was recently trained at work for being the charge nurse on nights...whew...stressful!! ha ha ha...let me tell you charge nurses don't get paid enough...just thinking about a trauma coming in made my hands shake! ha ha ha...not that I can't handle it...but the responsibility of decision making is different than being a staff nurse!! ha ha ha...anyways...I made it through...
so I come to you today with a card I made for my colleague that actually trained me! (this was like almost a month ago!! ha ha ha) This was a fun card to make, and it turned out beautifully...but looking at it now, I feel like it's missing the stamp from the four frames stamp set (I got it shortly after I completed and sent this card off!! ha ha ha)...anyways, it still looks good, and hind sight is twenty twenty!! Everything is stampin up except for that i stitched with a sewing machine on the ribbon to give it a nice flat effect (easier to put in a standard envelope) but the dimension of a folded ribbon!!

Supplies: Paper - subtles designer paper, old olive, perfectly plum, pumpkin pie, very vanilla, early espresso.
Ink: Perfectly plum, old olive, pumpkin pie, early espresso, basic gray
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Punch Potpourri, Fast and Fabulous, Fine Filigree background stamp.
Tools: Word Window punch, Modern Label XL punch, decorative label punch, boho blossoms punch, stampin sponges, SNAIL adhesive,
Ribbon: Pumpkin pie 1/4" Grosgrain, Old Olive 5/8" Satin.

Thanks for visiting!! have a great day!

Brenna

Submitted at : Anything Goes Challenge Blog - Bingo (Flowers, Ribbons, Punches)
Reasonable Ribbon Challenge - Anything Goes with Ribbon
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!!! TFS!
    I can't imagine the "stress" of being a charge nurse would be like but I have a HUGE respect for all Nurses and Dr's. My Mother was in near fatal accident almost 3 yrs ago (hit a semi head on) and if it wasn't for the Grace of God, Prayers, the Dr's and Nurses that helped her and our family, she would not be here today. So, THANK YOU... and all the other Nurses out there!!!

    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card!!! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card I love the colour scheme!

    Thank you for joining in our Bingo Challenge at Anything goes

    Invitation to our Birthday celebrations.
    Tuesday 31st Anything Goes Challenge Blog!
    will be 1 year old and to celebrate we are holding a blog hop with candy and prizes to be won. Hope you can come and join us
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is one gorgeous card love the colors you have used on this bless you for playing at anything goes this week hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete