Monday, May 30, 2011

Late Mother's Day

Hello everyone, here with a new creation...i know i know, it's a bit late, I forgot that I had made this card!! I made this for my cousin who was in town the weekend before mother's day! He is one of three boys, so I figured I would give them a hand (and I wanted to make something, but needed some proper inspiration!!). So, I got out my supplies as we watched TV, where he proceeded to be the peanut gallery as I created..."You got a sweat shop going,eh?" "what in the world are you doing?" "What does that do?" etc etc...so it was kind of funny, that he was slightly interested in it...ha ha ha...I finished the card and gave it to him, he seemed pleased...maybe it was because he didn't have to buy a card, but he was a bit impressed that it could be made...ha ha ha...
anyways, I got a note back from my aunt saying that she really appreciated my part in the gift, and she was almost brought to tears because all three of the boys wrote there own name on the card...ha ha ha...oh boys...thank god I have at least one girl!! ha ha ha...the only reason they all got there names on it was A. because i made it earlym, that way as my cousin was driving home he could stop at his brothers house so he could sign as he went through (which is seven hour drive from their parents). Then the other brother signed when it got home! so it was actually pretty neat how it worked out. my cousins are the kind that stop on the way to breakfast on mother's day morning to buy a mothers day card! ha ha ha...so yeah...needless to say I felt pretty good about the card, even though it's not my personal fave!


Recipe: Cardstock: Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla, Elegant Eggplant.
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Elegant Eggplant.
Stamps: Four Frames, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Eastern Blooms, Always Elegant, Occasional Quotes.
Ribbon: 5/8" Satin Old Olive
Tools: Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Decorative Label Punch, MS Border Punch (can't remember the name), Sponge, I rock Tool and silver glam rocks, cuttlebug, cuttlebug embossing folder "spots", SNAIL adhesive, Stampin Dimensionals.
A few techniques that I used on this card are: Dry embossing, Sponging, "Rock and Roll", adding dimension.

Thanks for stopping by today!!!

Brenna
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment