Thursday, September 8, 2011

Haunting Love

Hello everyone,

Mona here!!  So remember when I said that I was going to try and do the rest of the Pals Paper Arts challenge's in a christmas theme...well I found out that it was hard to do a halloween theme challenge as a christmas card. So....I made one halloween Card.  I love halloween, but I don't really send anyone cards....so I decided to do a little "i love you" with a halloween card for my hubby....I am pretty sure he'll like it. Sometimes I think he should come to some of my workshops...then I would get a chance to receive some just because cards!!  ha ha ha...
Anyways...this card was really fun to make.  I got a chance to try making a rosette!!  woo hoo!!  I've seen it so much this last little while, and it is on the cover of the holiday mini!! so....I received my simply scored tool and decided that there was no sense in wasting time and put it straight to work!  I tell you...that tool made it soo simple to make this beautiful accent.  A roesette wreath is a really beautiful accent for any projects, and it's painfully easy to make!!!
Anyways, the one thing that I wish I did was to make the flourish pop out a bit more from underneath, when I was making it I thought that it did pop out more, and by the time I realised it didn't my wreath was already stuck down with sticky strip!  and nothing is going anywhere when sticky strip is involved!!  ha ha ha...Anyways, this is my card for this week!!
Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait, Concord Crush, Whisper White.
Ink: Versamark, Pumpkin Pie, Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz.
Stamps: Season of Joy (swirl in background), Batty For You.
Punches/Tools: 2 3/8" Scalloped Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, 1 1/2" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Paper Snips (distress the edges), Heat Tool, Simply Scored, SNAIL, Sticky Strip, Stampin' Dimensionals. 
Embellishments: Clear embossing powder, concord crush stitched polytwill ribbon, basic black 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon.

A little tip to get the little bat to have an embossed feel in concord crush, as there is no concord crush embossing powder, is to get some versamark on your stamp and then get the concord crush on your stamp.  Stamp it, put the clear embossing powder on your image.  And then proceed to heat emboss and you have a beautifully embossed image with only having to stamp it once, and in any colour that you have regular ink.  One word of caution though, is to ensure that you put the versamark on your stamp first so that you don't get your versamark ink pad all coloured up!!  That seems pretty self explanatory, but living proof that it isn't that hard to do if you aren't really paying attention!
Thanks for checking me out again this week and I hope that you'll stop by and check me out again!  Please do ontact me if you would like any more information on how i made the card or would like to purchse anything stampin up!!  Have a great weekend!

Mona

Submitted at:
 Pals Paper Arts 110 - Fashion Inspiration - Bewitched
Card Patterns: Sketch 131 

1 comment:

  1. Mona, I love this card! It may be a Halloween card but it certain is pretty!

    ReplyDelete