Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Kids are Alright

Hello blogland....ahhhh....it has been so long...i see my mother has done a good job of maintaining my blog! ha ha ha...by maintaining it, I mean making it her own!! ha ha ha...It's all good....someone has to do it!

Anyways it has been so long...I have been watching all my mom's posts and been like...okay I need to get going on this again...get my mojo going and what not...so i have been crafting, just fallen off blogland...so I will have quite a few things to show you in the coming weeks!! yay!!! anyways...I was at work yesterday for the first day all week, and was informed that one of my colleagues and close friends, her daughter was in an accident (on tuesday) in which she was run over by a 1 tonne truck...the nurse in me is thinking there is huge potential for major disability and death in this situation and the mother in me is screaming oh my god!! I just couldn't believe it. The story was told to me and as a mother I just can't imagine...and as a mother who is a nurse in the operating room and sees tons of bad things happen, and knows the medicine side of things, just makes it that much worse. I just was sick to my stomach. Seeing your child intubated is not something that anyone ever wants to see. a parents worst nightmare. You can bet that every nurse I work with, it is their worst nightmare to be working on shift and your son/daughter, or your kids friends come into the operating room as a trauma...I felt so bad for my girlfriend. So...in the end, everything is all good, her daughter is in fact already at home (the incident occurred on tuesday), so I was just so relieved...so...what else can a crafter do than to make a card to send over! so this was my inspiration for the title of my post and my card.

Closeup of Saying:
Inside:
Supplies:
Cardstock - Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Whisper White, Sahara Sand.
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Sahara Sand.
Stamps: Delicate Doilies, Pursuit of Happiness, Petite Pairs.
Punches: Decorative Label, Curly Label,1 1/4" Circle Punch.
Embellishements: Sponges, Mini Silver Brads, Silver Foil Smooch Spritz.
Misc Items: SNAIL, Stampin Dimensionals, Peircer Tool, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Simply Scored, Clear Blocks.
I just LOVE the stamp set pursuit of happiness. It is hands down one of the best sayings stamp set in this years IB&C. I just love it. the fonts, everything. and this saying "Everything will be okay in the end, if it isn't okay, it isn't the end." I love it, it is so perfect for so many supportive type cards. I love love love it.  Anyway, I know that il ove all the stamp sets i used, but I just hope that she likes the card...I think the colours reflect her style and personality also. Anywho, I should get going here...I gotta save my rhubarb crisp from the oven in a few minutes!! thanks for checking me out!!

Brenna

2 comments: