Thursday, August 2, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches # 46

Hello all,

This must be some kind of record for me!  ha ha ha....I am back on maternity leave....that's what it is!  ha ha ha...i get a few hours in the day (nap times) to go to my happy place and do some crafting.  This card is one that i made for a girlfriend of mine who recently wrote the NCLEX exam...I am counting on her passing as she is one awesome nurse!  I'm not sure if she even has her results yet...but I can't imagine any other possibility for her other than passing!!  My colour combination was inspired by a fellow demonstrator, I'm sorry I can't remember her name, but it was seen on Stampin' Connection.  She also used this stamp set in her card, that's how I decide to use this set as a "congrats" type card.
Recipe:
Cardstock: Calypso Coral, Pool Party, So Saffron, Whisper White.
Stamps: Happy Hour
Ink: Calypso Coral, So Saffron, Pool Party.
Tools: Big Shot, Houndstooth EF, Bitty Banners Framelits, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Scallop border Punch, 2 way glue, sticky strip, stampin' dimensionals, SNAIL.
Embellishments: Calypso Coral 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter.

I have submitted this over at Freshly Made Sketches in their weekly sketch Challenge (#46).  I am going to make a pointed effort to participate in more challenges.  I have been doing some more stamping classes lately and these challenges really help me open my doors and try new things and new stamp sets.  Thsi card may be found some day (or a variation of it) in one of my stamp classes!  If you're in the Calgary area and would liek to join in the fun, email me and let me know!!
Anyway, I am looking forward to more challenges and more blog entries and submissions! Thanks for coming by and looking, please drop me a line and let me know you were here!!
Have a great (long) weekend!! 

Brenna

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card to congratulate your friend! The color combo is so fresh and fun and the image is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this cheery card and what a great way to honor your friend! Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card this is! I'm sure she will love it. That little lemon wedge is wonderful. Glad you joined us this week and looking forward to seeing you again soon at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! I love the texture and the piercing. Of course, the lemon wedge is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete