Thursday, August 16, 2012

Snowflake: Clean and Simple for Merry Monday

Hello,
I found a new challenge blog that is christmas all year round!!  LOVE IT!  ha ha ha...don't get me started about how much I love christmas again!  Anyways, the blog challenge is the Merry Monday Challenge.  Anyways, I am going to try and participate in this one a few times as well!  Lovin' all the challenges I'm finding!!  Anyways, clean and simple is difficult for me, I like to have as little blank space as possible...and that goes for anything i'm doing whether it be scrapbooking or cardmaking!  ha ha ha...anyways, I think I did okay with this one.  I decided to get out my dusty brayer!  i haven't used my brayer barely at all!!  So...that was a challenge in itself!  ha ha ha...anyways, onto my card,  I used the snowflakes from the snow flurries bigz die and placed them on my first edition dsp and then brayered over it with cherry cobbler ink.  I like how it came out...It looks nice, clean and simple!  ha ha ha...I think I might like emboss resist with the snowflake soiree stamp set a bit better.  As it has a bit more details but is still very clean and simple, but I am waiting on my set from the 2012 holiday mini to arrive at my door...about a week away still, I knew I should have preordered but oh well!  When I get it, one of the first things that I am going to try is emboss resist with the same idea.  I think it may be a stamp-a-stack card!!  ha ha ha...of course!  anyways...this is my card.
Recipe:
Stamps: More Merry Messages.
Ink: Cherry Cobbler.
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, First Edition DSP, Very Vanilla.
Tools and Accessories: 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch,  1/16" circle Punch, Snow Flurries Bigz Die, Brayer, Sticky Strip, SNAIL, Stampin Dimensionals, Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine.

I love how the 1 1/4" Scallop Circle punch layers so beautifully with the 1" Circle Punch!  It looks soo cute!  So anyways, this is as clean as simple as I can do it I think!  ha ha ha... Anyways, thanks for checking me out!!

Brenna

Submitted at:


1 comment: