Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Christmas Stamp Camp Card #1

Hello!! 
I am here to share some of my Christmas in September Stamp Camp Cards!  woo hoo!!  I had so mch fn at this event!  It was my first stamp camp event, where everyone made ten cards each (2 each of 5 designs)!  I learned a lot of what works and what doesn't work for these events!  I'm glad that I planned it so that as little items as possible were having to be shared between the card stations, that was some good forsight!  ha ha ha...anyways, this was a set of cards I made, I just love the 2011-2012 In Colors so that was my hommage (spelling??) to them!  I saw a sample on Stampin' Connection, and I was totally inspired, I think it was a little 3x3 card or 4x4 card.  Dimensions are a bit hard to tell in pictures.  But I decided to make a standard sized A2 card ot of it, and once I made it in one of the colours, I couldn't stop until I had made them all!!  They are soo pretty!  The bling and the polka dot brads really add a lot to them!  You'll probably notice if you are familiar with Stampin' Up Products, I used the Northern Frost Decorative Strip for the snowflakes!  I just love these snowflakes, they are so beautiful and intricate and I find that they cut perfectly.  (tip - if you are cutting glimmer paper, cut it so that the white part, back of the glimmer paper, is against the die, otherwise it doesn't quite cut through the whole way and it's very difficult and tedious!!)  Definitely one of the items I had big time tears over retiring!!
Calypso Coral:
 Wisteria Wonder:
 Island Indigo:
 Lucky Limeade:
Pool Party: 
Recipe:
Stamps: Grateful Greetings (retired)
Ink: Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo.
Cardstock: Whisper White, Naturals white (card base, I find it is a bit sturdier then the whisper white), Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Silver Glimmer Paper.
Accessories: 3/8" ruffled ribbon in Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo; 2011-2013 In Color brads, silver brads, clear rhinestones (retired).
Tools: Big Shot, Stripes EF, Northern Frost Decorative Strip, SNAIL, Sticky Strip, Stampin Piercer, Stampin Pierce Pad, Simply Scored, Stamp-a-ma-jig.
 
ahh....Hard to say which one is my favorite, but I do love the Pool Party and the Wisteria Wonder!!  soo beautiful!!  Plus I *heart* the 3/8" ruffled ribbon!! 
 
At my stamp camp, the ladies were making two of each card, so they had a choice at this station which in colors they wanted to use.  They could pick two!  Everyone chose different colors and they were all beautiful!!  I am doing another Stamp Camp on October 21, 2012 in the evening at 6pm.  Check out: www.brennaanderson.stampinup.net to RSVP for this event if you are in the calgary area!!  have a great evening!!
 
Brenna

Submitted at: The |Paper Players - Tic Tac Toe Theme Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment