Friday, October 12, 2012

Thank You Swap

Hello,

Just a quick post today to show a swap card that I made a while ago. This is one of the most in depth swap cards I have made, but I had just gotten my mini preorder and was so stoked to use all my goodies, and I mean all of it! ha ha ha...and I love the finished effect! I couldn't stop adding elements.
 
Recipe:
Stamps - Curly Cute, Wonderfall.
Ink: Early Espresso, Versamark, Raspberry Ripple, Cajun Craze, More Mustard.
Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Raspberry Ripple, More Mustard, Very Vanilla, First Edition DSP.
Accessories: 3 1/2" Scalopped Early Espresso Tulle, Linen Thread, Naturals Designer Buttons, Early Espresso Embossing Powder, Champagne Shimmer Paint.
Tools: Scallopped Edge Border punch, Glue Dots, SNAIL, Stampin' Dimensionals, Big Shot, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Stampin' Sponges, Sponge Daubers, Autumn Accents Bigz Die.
 
I used a technique called Rock and Roll, with a little twist of course! ha ha ha...I used my sponge daubers to get some champagne shimmer paint on the edges of my stamped leaves. The way you do this is, first you ink up your stamp in the lightest colour you are using (more mustard for me), then you roll around the edges of your image in the darker colour (cajun craze). Then I took my sponge dauber and just went around the image with the champagne shimmer paint. You can be as wild or conservative with the shimmer as you want. I think I was sort of in the middle on this one! But I love it. I did the same with the other leave only this time I used raspberry ripple as my first colour, and early espresso as the outside colour.
 
On the embossed background, i didn't brayer on my folder, I just took my early espresso stampin' Sponge and sponged across the entire card. You get a bit of an aged tree bark effect. Really happy with how it turned out!!
 
anyways, thanks for checking me out today! I'll be back with my other swap card in a few days!
 
Brenna
 
Submitted at: SUO Challenges - Texture

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful texture! And the shimmer paint adds a bit of texture all by itself! Thanks for sharing with the SUO Challenge Design Team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love the touch of the tulle! Thanks for joining us on SUO Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete